SecurAmerica operates on a high touch, responsive and customized business platform – specifically for the logistics and transportation vertical market – that creates measurable value for each client across a wide range of industries. Our experience in serving the needs of large, complex and multi-site logistics environments is extensive. We know that businesses lose billions of dollars each year due to cargo and product theft, employee theft and collusion, organized crime, unethical supplier practices and the compromise of supply chain security processes and systems. We also are acutely aware that the transportation, distribution and manufacturing support sectors serve to support this nation’s economy and are truly the lifeblood of every type of business.
Our logistics security program is tailored to the unique needs of your company and the unique nuances and threats associated with your industry sector.
We specialize in the following services:
- Distribution center, dock rail, fleet and cargo security, including credential verification, bill of lading processing and locks and seals management
- Support of C-TPAT certification, including officer training, auditing and compliance in the areas of cargo security practices
- Shipping and receiving security
- High value parts monitoring
- Employee, vendor and visitor entrance access and egress control
- Parcel and vehicle inspections
- Foot, vehicle and bicycle patrol
- Medical, emergency and chemical response teams
- Security command center staffing and monitoring
- Facility threat response and mitigation
- Loss prevention and safety audits
- Locksmith, mail, shuttle and other support services
- Asset protection, workplace violence and fire/life safety program development and training
For our logistics clients, we carefully recruit, screen and select our personnel based on their proven experience in providing proactive security and loss prevention services to industrial clients, their ability to work well in a high profile distribution/transportation setting and their ability to demonstrate the success factors that have been specifically developed for each position and shift.
Our logistics segment “culture match” process takes into account an officer’s personality, skill set, talents and interests and matches these with the unique requirements of the logistics client we serve and each position to be staffed. Our recruiting sources include the military, law enforcement, the industrial security, safety and loss prevention sector and the logistics field itself.
SecurAmerica’s university style training programming is customized to the needs of each company. Our learning pillars include supply chain management, transportation security concepts, C-TPAT (if customer is certified partner), crime prevention/deflection, plant safety, protection of high value parts and cargo, employee theft and collusion, terror awareness/threat mitigation, industrial fire and life safety concepts, and government compliance.
Our instructors are learning professionals who facilitate classroom teaching, interaction and testing in our state-of-the-art and fully staffed learning centers. Every officer assigned to a corporate client is “certified” as a Logistics Asset Protection Professional (LAPP). This certification process includes the use of customized OJT checklists, an initial post test, weekly evaluations during an officer’s first 30 days and a final certification examination.